Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Week 14B

In Class
Class met online today. On D2L, we were supposed to type 200 words on our progress with Project 3. If you did not submit a response before 6:00pm, you were listed as absent from the class. I posted my response at 4:17pm.
Project 3: User Experience Design Research Process
My Poorly Organized Website: www.kpets.org
Poster/Article/Web page: Web page.
Set 1: Static Evaluation & Mark-Up
Set 2: Content Patterns
Set 3: Guerrilla Testing
Set 4: Wireframes
Progress:
For Project 3, I have completed Set 1 and 3/4 of Set 2. For Set 1, I printed out 3 web pages on kpets.org of my choice. I printed and made 8 packets. All of the packets contained the Home Page, the Ways to Support Us Page, and the Make A Gift Page. Over Thanksgiving break, I asked 8 different people to look at the webpages and make annotations. An example of an annotation would be writing on the page how you think the page (or buttons on the page) are supposed to work. Other things to annotate were things you liked about the site, things you didn't like about the site, and any constructive criticism you have. After four people completed the static evaluation & mark-up, I repeated the test on four additional users. This provides just enough data to recognize patterns in the way users interpret the design. After reviewing all of the designs, I noticed a few users made the same comments, and some made different comments. One user liked the color scheme of the site, while another user didn't like the color scheme of the site. Most of the users stated that certain things were repetitive. Overall, I received a good amount of feedback and have now continued onto my next set: Content Patterns. 
For Content Patterns, you need at least 4-8 hours to complete it. 
  • 2-4 hours to review the patterns
  • 1-2 hours to create a content map or speadsheet
  • 1-2 hours to summarize key findings
So far, I have reviewed most patterns and have gotten more than halfway done with my content map & spreadsheet. My plan for today is to finish the content map & spreadsheet, summarize my findings, and begin guerrilla testing. I have created a sheet of 7 questions for the guerrilla test: Guerrilla Testing Questions
Update:
I was able to get 2 users today for Guerrilla Testing, and 6 out of the 7 questions were asked so far. I plan to get 2 more users tomorrow morning and hopefully all 7 questions asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15B

In Class In class, we had people look over our 2,000 word write-ups and make revisions on Google Drive. This is the feedback I received: ...